Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Isn't difference is beautiful?

Yesterday I saw Paris Hilton on TV. She had a breast augmentation. I can’t say that she is looking awful now but I think she was prettier without it. Now she is looking the same as many other Hollywood stars. She lost her individuality.

I am wondering why so many people undergo plastic operations today? Why they want to be all alike? The Nature made us different, not alike. And what? Many are striving to some beauty ideal, they go to plastic surgeons and then get similar faces with silicone in lips, equal nose and so on. But what is this beauty ideal? I think, everyone understands beauty in their own way and there can’t be a unanimous ideal. And besides isn’t difference is beautiful?

3 comments:

Clyde said...

yes being different is beautiful, but the system that we live in does not accept different people. we have to be like robots, we all have fixed ideas of what is good what is sexy waht is nice etc.

so the people who break through these barriers are different, the rest will just follow each other into the well!

HappySurfer said...

Funny, isn't it? We want to be unique yet we want to join the crowd.

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

I've never understood why people do stuff like that. Be different! Be yourself! Geeez, I don't even wear makeup and I don't wear heels. I think I own one dress and I haven't a clue if it still fits. I'm certainly not 'normal'. I'm happy, though. :-)

Looks like this is going to be a good blog and I'm looking forward to reading more!