Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Isn't the Beginning of a New Year Full of Dissapointment?

The beginning of a year is always the time of great expectations and hope for something new and better. But on the other hand, it is the time of big disappointments. It is a kind of paradox. But there are some reasons.

First, you can feel disappointed about the way you have spent Christmas holidays. The researches show that most people expect too much from Christmas. Many wait for a miracle. But then comes Christmas Eve and nothing special happens. The first disappointment.

Then the first bills of a new year come. It is a well-known fact that Americans spend millions and even billion dollars on Christmas presents. In January they receive their credit card bills and see that they have gotten in debt. Well, it is awful, but it is true. So, the first or the first two months we spend in efforts to recover our financial difficulties. It is one more disappointment in the beginning of a new year.

But my biggest disappointment at this time: I have gained 5 pounds during this Christmas holidays. It does make me a lot of trouble. I easily gain weight but it takes me a lot of effort and time to lose it. I think this problem concerns many women. And my weight makes me crazy!

So, begin 2008 year. But I don’t feel happy (at least now) and more, all I feel is great disappointment….

No comments: