Monday, August 18, 2008

I Feel Bad

I feel awful! I feel ashamed! I let down my friend. My friend has problems with her apartment. She is looking for a new apartment but she does not have enough money. So, she asked me for a help, she wanted us to share an apartment, my apartment. I could have said “yes” and saved my friend from many problems, but I said “no”.
The thing is I am used to live alone. I have been living alone for several years. I enjoy living alone. I cannot sacrifice my freedom. I am not ready to adjust to anybody. I mean I am not ready to adjust to my friend’s habits. I do not want to share an apartment with one of my friends. I love my friends, but I WANT to live ALONE. I am not a teenager to share my apartment with a friend. So, I refused my friend. My best friend.
It is awful and I feel ashamed of this. But don’t I have the right to live alone in my apartment and do not share it with anybody else?

1 comment:

Toni said...

Good for you for being authentic. You have not let your friend down, you were honest with her, instead of being dishonest and allowing her to move in and then resenting the loss of your freedom.

Kudos to you.