Friday, August 1, 2008

Wedding Is an Expensive Treat?

A friend of mine is going to marry next week. I am invited to the wedding ceremony and party. I am happy for my friend and I’m looking forward for the ceremony. I’m sure she will look fantastically. And the party is sure to be awesome! It is a great event!
But on the other hand, a wedding is an expensive treat. It concerns not only the couple but guests, too.
Just look how much you have to spend just to visit a wedding. First, you need a gown. Of course, a bride always looks the best, but what about other guests. Show me a woman who doesn’t spend hours (and even days) in search for a special dress for the occasion. I am one of such women, and I have to admit that the dress cost me a pretty penny.
So, you buy a dress and then you realize that you need to buy also shoes, accessories. You need a hairstyle, manicure, make-up. Yeah, you have to fork money for this stuff.
Now you look great and ready for the ceremony. But what about a bunch of flowers and a present for newly married? Loosen your purse strings!
So, the only question I’m concerned now is how to save money on weddings. How to enjoy your friend’s wedding party and not to go bankrupt?!

No comments: